Let’s face it, the AE86 stock brakes suck. But, a big brake kit is expensive and most require 15″ wheels. Don’t buy off-brand rotors with inferior performance. Use these Stoptech ones or a great upgrade from stock!
StopTech slotted brake rotors are designed to withstand high heat conditions from exciting driving, providing enthusiasts with outstanding longevity and temperature control of both the pads and rotors. These slotted rotors are E-coated to prevent glazing of the pads while adding bite and improving wet and dry braking performance.
You can be confident in your brakes while using Stoptech Rotors, due to their state of the art finishing and metallurgy technology. The following procedure is from Stoptech’s archives:
Most StopTech® Sport Rotors are finished with black e-coating on both sides of the hat, inside the cooling vanes, and on the outside edge. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. This is especially important on both mounting faces of the hat where it touches the hub flange and back face of the wheel. Any accumulation of rust in these area can lead to installed lateral run out issues.
Power Alloy Metallurgy
Power Alloy metallurgy is an exclusive feature of many StopTech® rotors. In specific vehicle applications, StopTech works with foundry partners to increase the molybdenum or carbon content of the castings, and to carefully control the cooling rate during production to reach targets for hardness and tensile strength.”
Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or “outgas.” As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here’s where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotor and feature:
* Power Alloy castings (on select applications)
– Engineered Performance Rotor
– Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress
– Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues
– Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech
* Introducing directional curve vane design (on select applications)
– Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors
– Center split castings
* New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
* Direct OE Replacement
* Improved wet weather response
* Increased initial “bite” * Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in
* Mill balanced
* Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors
* Enhances open wheel appearance
There are no reviews yet.